The transmission system in your vehicle controls the power being delivered to your wheels through gear shifting. If it were not for the delicate balancing of the speed to rotation ratio, your car’s engine would overtax itself quickly.
Because of this, transmission problems are very serious and must be repaired at the first sign of trouble:
- humming, clicking, or grinding noises – especially when in neutral
- noises when gears shift
- smell of burnt fluid
- clutch in manual transmission doesn’t disengage
- clutch makes grinding noise when shifting
- lagging between gear changes
- RPMs go higher than usual for the speed or gear change
- transmission begins to slip between gears
- transmission pops back to neutral when trying to change gears
Transmission repair can be costly, but it can also be avoided by routine maintenance. The transmission system takes on a lot of the power behind the vehicle, and as such, takes the brunt of the wear and tear – especially if maintenance is ignored.
Have your transmission fluid and transmission fluid filter checked regularly and have them changed or exchanged when recommended by your Viking Auto service professional or according to your manufacturer’s recommendations. Doing so will extend the life of your transmission and your vehicle.
Take preventative action now and schedule transmission maintenance or repair with Viking Auto’s skilled and reliable transmission specialists.